So I have taken a bit of a hiatus from this little old blogging page. Partly because time (though seriously...what a great procrastination tool...) partly because I look at the titles of all my other entries and they have "discovering" in the title and to be honest, I haven't felt very discover-ful lately, or maybe just not inspired to write about the discoveries that I have experienced in the last...gosh...MONTH, since I have been on here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed or lonely or uninspired...maybe just more in a contemplative state, rather than a "type-it-out-reflective-state."
I've been learning a lot about relationships lately. I guess more, learning how much I still need to learn. Allow me to allow you a peek inside some of the gems that I get to do life with...
...there is a girl in my life that just loves loving people. She sees a need and fills it and stirs passion in others to do the same. I feel like I have seen a bit of what Jesus is like by spending time with her.
...there is another girl in my life that is married and I have got to see her grow and build in that relationship SO much. She is an all-star communicator and I love learning from her. She is also a brilliant chef and loves blessing people with that gift.
...there is a family in my life that just met their adopted daughter from Haiti, one year earlier than they expected and 5 months after the birth of their first child. They have beautiful hearts for people of other countries.
...there is a friend that NO MATTER what knows how to make me laugh and in a single car ride we can talk about the serious, the intimate, and the ridiculous. She uses her humor in a beautiful way.
...there is a mom of 4 kids that is so passionate about her family. She desires her kids to be best friends and loves spending time with them. She has Jesus' heart of gentleness and compassion. I learn by being in her presence.
...there is another girl that no matter the situation, she is constant. She is always herself and doesn't care what other people think. Being with her makes me want to know Jesus more. She recognizes the gifts around her and verbalizes her thankfulness for them.
These people are a gift to me. I have beauty that surrounds me. They teach me what I have yet to learn and show me how it can be lived out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment