11.10.09

.discovering thankfulness.

I get anxious. I tried for a long time to deny the fact, but the truth of me is that I do. My most anxious times are in change. Don't get me wrong, I do my best to present as one who loves the adventure of change, who anticipates change, who deals with change well, etc. In reality, I lose sleep over change, I worry about change. I get anxious. I have literally had moments where I feel the physical effects of anxiety - the heavy chest, the shaky hands, the shortness of breath. In my journey of understanding this part of me that was consuming, I discovered.  

|T H A N K F U L N E S S|

I discovered that when I am truly thankful, there is no room for worry and anxiety. 

I just went through a change in my life - from working full-time to being a student. I have had many anxious moments, but I can truthfully say they have not consumed me. I have so much to be thankful for in this change. 

It is good. 

2 comments:

  1. The truth sets us free, right?! Glad you're facing the anxiousness and moving forward! You're right. Thankfulness dispels worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely put, "I discovered that when I am truly thankful, there is no room for worry and anxiety."

    ReplyDelete